Proverbs and Quotes
The secret to building large apps is never build large apps. Break your applications into small pieces. Then, assemble those testable, bite-sized pieces into your big application.
— Justin Meyer
If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy — Philip Zimmermann
Success is like pregnancy,Everyone congratulates you but they don’t know how many times you got fucked to achieve it
- Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow.
The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
- Empty your mind, be formless… shapeless, like water.
If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.
You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can crash.
Be water, my friend…
- it takes one tree to make a thousand matches and one match to burn a thousand trees down
- “in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence” Peter Principle
- “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong” Murphy’s law
- “One cannot control what One cannot measure” Tom DeMarco
- “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” Seneca
- “The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” Albert Einstein
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
- “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” Albert Einstein
- “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” Albert Einstein
- “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” Albert Einstein
- “L’imagination est plus importante que le savoir.” Albert Einstein
- “Rien n’est plus proche du vrai que le faux.” Albert Einstein
- “Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple” Albert Einstein
- “We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are” The Talmud
- “Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.” Arthur Schopenhauer
- “If you don’t value what you have, you’re sure to lose it.” Abigail Van Buren
- “ The golden rule is that there are no golden rules.” George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
- “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” Paul Boese
- “ It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “ Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint Exupery
- “ Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
- “ We have art to save ourselves from the truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
- “ The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.” Emile Zola (1840-1902)
- “ Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.” Aldous Huxley
- “ All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.” JRR Tolkien
- “ It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one’s doubts.” G. B. Burgin
- “ I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.” Xenocrates (396-314 BCE)
- “ Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
- “ The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” Alan Kay
- “you can piss on any tree you like, it’ll just make it grow ” :-)–~~~~~ Tib Kat
- “Opinions are like sphincters…We all have one and many times the scent isnt to our liking…”
- “Often those who cannot perform… Preach or teach or review…”
- “Sometimes when our backs are against the wall we can see into the future.”
- “Panic on your part does not neccessarily constitute an emergency on my part.”
- “There are not any limits to our imagination, other than those we ourselves impose.”
- “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him sing.”
- “Music is like the dressing we put on our salad…It enhances what we have on our plate.”
- “I say what I think… And I think what I say” EMILBUS-SUBLIME
- “Reviewing what you have learned and learning anew, you are fit to be a teacher.” Confuscious
- “To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. ”
- “May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future”
- “I like men who have a future and women who have a past”
- “For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today”
- “The longer you wait for the future, the shorter it will be”
- “When you stare into an abyss for a long time, the abyss also stares into you” Friedrich NIETZSCHE
- “ …logic and mathematics are true simply because we never allow them to be anything else.” A.J. AYER
- “Once freedom has exploded in the soul of man, the gods no longer have any power over him” Jean-Paul SARTRE
- “Science may be described as the art of systematic oversimplification” Sir Karl POPPER
- “Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.” Philip K. Dick
- Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable. Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.”
- The degree of technical competence is inversely proportional to the level of management.”
- Never trust modern technology. Trust it only when it is old technology.”
- The 2nd worst thing you can hear the tech say is ” Oops!” The worst thing you can hear the tech say is ” oh s**t!”
- It is simple to make something complex, and complex to make it simple.”
- The more knowledge you gained, the less certain you are of it.”
- “ The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter Drucker
- A closed mouth catches no flies ”
- Old flames die hard”
- In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king ”
- None so blind as those who won’t see”
- Where there is a will there is a way ”
- “Chaos=Untidyness is the good natural order, Tidyness is maintained dissorder.”Bill Mollison
- “Si un homme a beaucoup plus qu’il ne faut, c’est que d’autres manquent du nécessaire.” Léon Tolstoï
- “Ce n’est pas la violence, mais le bien qui supprime le mal.” Léon Tolstoï
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “One day our grandchildren will go to museums to see what poverty was like.”Muhammad Yunus
- “L’utopie est simplement ce qui n’a pas encore été essayé” Théodore Monod
- “Plus vous laissez de temps à un travail pour se réaliser, et plus il a tendance à prendre ce temps qui s’allonge pour se réaliser.” Cyril Northcote Parkinson
- “ En nous efforçant d’atteindre l’inaccessible, nous rendons impossible ce qui serait réalisable.” Paul Watzlawick
- “Celui qui a inventé le bateau a aussi inventé le naufrage.” Lao-Tseu
- “De même que je ne voudrais pas être un esclave, je ne voudrais pas être un maître. Telle est ma conception de la démocratie.” [Abraham Lincoln]
- “ La nécessité est la mère de l’invention.” [Platon]
- “La vérité existe. On n’invente que le mensonge.” [Georges Braque]
- “We build too many walls and not enough bridges.” Isaac Newton
- “Think of and look at your work as though it were done by your enemy. If you look at it to admire it, you are lost” Samuel Butler
- “What works good is better than what looks good. Because what works good lasts.” Ray Eames
- “The joy of an early release lasts but a short time. The bitterness of an unusable system lasts for years”
- “If there’s a ‘trick’ to it, the UI is broken” Douglas Anderson
- “La théorie, c’est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne. La pratique, c’est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi. Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne… et personne ne sait pourquoi !” Albert Einstein
- “ Qu’est ce qui vous surprend le plus dans l’humanite ? ”
Le Dalai Lama a repondu : “Les hommes…parce qu’ils perdent la sante pour accumuler de l’argent,
ensuite perdent leur argent pour recouvrer la sante. Et ils se perdent dans des anxieuses pensees
sur le futur au point de ne plus vivre ni le present ni le futur. Ils vivent comme s’ils n’allaient
jamais mourir…et meurent comme s’ils n’avaient jamais vecu.
On devrait vivre la vie à l’envers”
- “On commencerait par mourir, ça éliminerait ce traumatisme qui nous suit toute notre vie.
Après tu te réveilles dans un asile de vieux, en allant mieux de jour en jour.
Alors on te met dehors sous prétexte de bonne santé et tu commences par toucher ta retraite.
Ensuite, ton premier jour de travail on te fait cadeau d’une montre en or.
Tu travailles 40 ans jusqu’à ce que tu sois suffisamment jeune pour profiter de la fin de ta vie
Tu vas de fêtes en fêtes, tu bois, tu baises, tu n’as pas de problèmes graves.
Tu te prépares à faire des études universitaires. Puis c’est le collège, tu joues avec tes copains, sans
aucune obligation jusqu’à devenir bébé. Les derniers 9 mois tu les passes flottant tranquille,
avec chauffage central, room service etc… Et au final, tu quittes ce monde de merde dans un orgasme !!!!! ”Unknown
- “ Pollution. Crime. Drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair–we throw gobs of money at them and problems only get worse. Why is that? Because money’s most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don’t have it.” Cosmo (sneakers)
- “ There are two ways of constructing a software design; one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.” C. A. R. Hoare
- “When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”John M. Richardson, Jr. quotes
- “ Quand le dernier arbre sera abattu, la dernière rivière asséchée, le dernier poisson péché, l’homme va s’apercevoir que l’argent n’est pas comestible” proverbe indien.
- “massive list of inspiring quotes. wilde, voltaire, political quotes, philosophical quotes, etc. enjoy. ” Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” Philip K. Dick source
- “Deux choses sont infinies : l’Univers et la bêtise humaine. Mais en ce qui concerne l’Univers, je n’en ai pas encore acquis la certitude absolue” Albert Einstein